Saturday 10 April 2010

Waiting on Airlift

I've been in Bagram for 3 days now waiting on airlift to Kandehar... Whats up my name is SSgt Rob Wallach, been in the Air Force for 18+ years... Yeah I know, your still a SSgt??? Its alright some have priorities and some have different priorities... This is my 7th deployment to the desert, but this is probably by far going to be the most interesting and dangerous deployment ever. My prior 6 deployments have been to Daharan, Saudi Arabia (93), Ali Al Salem, Kuwait (96/2000), Baghdad, Iraq (03), Manas AB, Kyrghastan (06), Al Dhafra, UAE (08), and fianlly Afghanistan 2010. I am attached to a Special Operation Task Force, I dont know exactly where I am going, but it will be in the middle of no where...



I was welcomed to Bagram, Afghanistan at 0445 on 7 April 2010 by an old friend that I used to party with in Korea (95/96). Brian hadn't changed a bit, this guy is a bonified nut... He hooked up me and all 11 other Air Force Mechanics with transporation to our new home for the next 3-5 days. Nothing but white space for the next couple days.......

No comments:

Post a Comment