Saturday 17 April 2010

FOB Mogensen

This morning left Kandehar on a Blackhawk and took a 1/2 hour chopper ride to FOB Logmam... Within FOb Logman is Camp Mogensen is were I am going to lay my head for the next 5 1/2 months.... Me and Mike French (other AF guy that came with me, cook) were greeted by a guy that showed us 4 rooms to pick from. The room I picked is alright, but needs some major remodeling. I dropped off my stuff and went by the maintenance shop and met the 2 local nationals.. They are pretty cool, just gonna take getting used to talking to them, barely understand them.... One of the locals took me to meet the civilian in charge of the shop... Jason, pretty cool counrty boy from CLarksville TN... He seems to have this place on lockdown, but he leaves in 59 days...

There are six rooms in this little section that I'm staying in and there are 4 rooms being occupied including me and Mike... The other 2 guys are real cool and have a real good mind set, they built this awesome deck out back of our rooms with a burn pit, projector screen, that they play Wii, and watch movies like a drive in.... I think Im gonna like it here a lot, everyone here says that this place is chill and everyone takes care of everyone....

About 530 Jason and so me other guys came and got me to go eat at the chow hall on the Logman side of the FOB... Wow, this chow hall is off the chain, but the only reason why they go over there, is because there has been no military cook (supervising) the locals at our chow hall... Hopefully Mike will put a change to that.... After came back to the Camp and lead Sr Naval Chief met up with us and showed us all around camp, Cozy... The Sr Chief is a laid back awesome dude, everyone here is cool.... This is going to be an awesome 6 months, only thing missing is my family.. It was about 1900 (7:00PM) where I headed back to the room and remodeled a little bit and unpacked 1/2 my stuff... I am going to get the locals to build me some new furniture to make this a little more like home... By the way I have wired internet in my room and I am online 24/7 now... I'm Lovin it!!!! Well bought time to sign off, OH HERE IS MY ADDRESS, DONT FORGET TO SEND ME STUFF!!!!!

Rob Wallach
FOB Logman
TF-12 NSW (FOB Mogensen)
APO AE 09383

No comments:

Post a Comment