Wednesday 21 April 2010

21 Apr 2010







Well today started off like any other day, woke up and headed to breakfast about 0730.. After breakfast I headed back to the room and talked to Stacie and the girls, they were over at a friends hanging out.. Went to the shop around 0900 and pretty much hung out there for about a hour and then headed back to the room, were the carpenters were waiting on me to install my closet.. The built it a little big to fit into the open space in the wall, so they grabbed some chisels and hammers and went to town on the side of the concrete wall... After they got it all in my room was a huge mess with concrete dust all over the place.. I couldn't deal with it so I left for lunch..

I went to the Chow hall here on camp and didn't like anything, so I high tailed my butt over to Logman chow hall.. After lunch I went and BS'ed with some folks and the topic of my room came up. I said "the damn carpet that goes up on the walls is in the way and ugly... The camp main person who takes care of most stuff said "cut that shit!" That is exactly what I wanted to hear, so I grabbed some heavy duty upholstery scissors and went to town.. I bet that carpet was about $2000 carpet, you know how the carpets over here are so expensive, but cheaper then in the states... After one big blister later from cutting the carpet all the way around the room I cleaned everything and straightened up my room and unpacked the rest of my stuff.. I borrowed the vacuum from the civilian guys and promised to clean it afterwards, so I cleaned the crap out of it... I unlocked the shop and fixed the bag, it was the last one and had a hole in it.. After that I left the shop and took it back to the civilians.. about an hour later I noticed I was missing my keys to my room, shop, 2 other keys, and dog tags... I looked everywhere and asked everyone, and Yakut (local Mechanic) went and asked all the local nationals... I retraced my steps, either I left it in the lock at the shop or I left them in the bathroom, because I almost took a sink shower from cleaning that vacuum... I not blaming anyone but I suspect a local picked em up, but I hope I am wrong, because they will show up then... I have been pissed all afternoon, but what can I do... anywho...

Went to Dinner had Lobster, Crab and small piece of steak, then headed back to the room to look for a 42" LCD to order for my room here... I am pretty sure I will get my money back from this and still use it for the 6 months I am out here... If not I will ship it back home... Looking for a inexpensive one, I got some prices from a couple distributors that I use through Eksessiv Audio... I am going to use it more as a computer monitor and DVD player off the computer, my computer screen is kind of far from my bed, so I want to chill in bed and get on my wireless keyboard and mouse, LAZY HUH???.... About 1800 (6:00PM) I headed over to the gym for a nice 3 mile run.... After that I headed back to the room.....
Eksessiv Out!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. see bro, it ain't that hard to write a lot once you get started... good job on keeping it up ... I need to do some writing my self

    ReplyDelete