Tuesday 13 April 2010

Last night I got back to the B-Hut (name of the large open room made out of plywood with 40 bunk beds) and there was a scheduled power outage that noone know anything about. I was a little upset, because I was copying movies from one hard drive to the other,what can I do....



This morning is a slow morning like most in the days of waiting for travel.. I turned my computer back on to see the status of my file transfers, to my surprise it automatically started where it left off, Awesome... I got dressed in a pair of shorts and a running shirt and heading down to the Motor Pool to see what might be on the agenda for the day.. In the process I took my laundry to the laundry room and 2 of the 3 washers are broke.. I put my stuff on top of the being used only washer and heading to the Motor Pool... The duty day starts here at 0900 and the Motor Sgt and Chief were nowhere to be found, so I hung out until they showed up at 0930.. By the time they got there i went and put my laundry in the dryer.. Motor Sgt just told me to come back after a 1430 (2:30PM) meeting we have with Air Force Commander that supports us here.. So I left there and went back to the B Hut grabbed my shower shoes and towel and took a shower.. After that went to the Morale tent and called home, Callie is so excited that she moved up to Level 3 Swimming and jumping off the diving board at the age of 6.. Stacie is just living from day to day and gonna start training to do ultiple 5-10K runs over the summer... She was gonna do a 1/2 marathon, but I hear no talk of that....

Well after I got off the phone I went to fold and put my laundry away... Its about 1130 and I am kind of getting a appetite, so I went to lunch... After lunch I relaxed and watched a movie (Taken) until about 1400 (2:00PM) where I got ready to go to this appointment.... Basically the appointment I had was with the Air Force Commander, Chief, and 1st Shirt telling us that they are there to support us when the Army is trying to get us to do something we are not qualified to do...

After the meeting went back to Motor Pool and found out I needed to coordinate a flight for one of the guys here to fly out in a couple hours... I took Johnsons ID to the PAX terminal while he packed came back and had just enough time to stuff myself of Mexican Food, I am still real full... After dinner I waited at the PAX terminal until SrA Johnson made it through security... Then I came here to write and the rest of the night I m going to realx in Bed...

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, I love driving your truck while you are away! You might need new rubber when you get home....I can't keep my foot out of it! Lol
    Take care over there!

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete